Home Remedies for Ringworm in Children
Ringworm refers to a problem caused by the fungal development beneath the skin. It can be detected through the appearance of red rashes over your skin and the itchy feeling and swelling are often seen along with rashes. This problem is extremely infectious and the most vulnerable victims are children whose immune system is still weak. Therefore, it it better to protect your children from those who are infected.
In case your children are infected, ringworm can cause many discomforts for them. Although ringworm does not lead to death, the period of suffering might destroy your and your children’s daily life completely. Fortunately, ringworm can be treated simply with some specific natural ingredients which exist right in the kitchen.
Here are top 7 natural home remedies for ringworm in children.
1. Tea Tree Oil
One of the simplest home remedies for ringworm in children is tea tree oil. As this natural oil is super antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, you can use it to prevent the growth of bacteria and fungi under the skin. In addition, tea tree oil is beneficial for the conditions of the skin as well.
- A cotton swab should be dipped in the oil and squeezed to remove the excess liquid.
- The cotton swab needs to be rubbed over your children’s skin areas affected by ringworm.
- Keep it there for several minutes until it becomes dried naturally.
This method should be followed 2-3 times per day and repeated for several weeks.
Known as the golden spice in the kitchen, garlic is also considered as one of the most effective home remedies for ringworm in children. Thanks to the antibacterial quality, garlic is great for the prevention of fungal infections and swelling under the skin.
- Get some fresh garlic slices rubbed over the skin of your children.
- Then, a soft and clean cloth should be used to cover these areas.
- After several hours, take it off and use water to wash the skin.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
All home remedies for ringworm in children have some common qualities which are antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. When it comes to these two properties, people often come up with apple cider vinegar immediately. It is true that this vinegar can be a great plus for the ringworm treatment.
- Equal amounts of the vinegar and water should be mixed together.
- A cotton ball ought to be soaked in the mixture and applied over the areas affected by ringworm.
Besides, you can add the vinegar into warm water and have your children soaked in the mixture on a daily basis to get rid of ringworm quickly.
Apple cider vinegar is also among the best Home Remedies for Pollen Allergies.
4. Mustard Seeds
Mustard seed is another great natural home remedy for ringworm in children that you might not be fully aware of. Its hot nature can be great for the eradication of fungi beneath the skin.
- Get some spoons of mustard seeds into hot water.
- Then, they should be mashed so that you have a paste.
- The paste should be applied over the itchy skin for several hours.
You can apply this method 2-3 times per day and the results will be seen in a few days.
Like garlic, turmeric is such a familiar ingredient in the kitchen and many people will be surprised when knowing that it is one of the best home remedies for ringworm in children as well.
- Prepare powdered turmeric.
- You can mix it with a few drops of natural oils, such as coconut oil.
- The paste should be applied on the children’s skin.
- A bandage can be used to cover these skin areas overnight.
- In the morning, remove it and you should repeat this process every day until improvements are seen.
6. Aloe Vera
If your children are disturbed by red rashes and maybe swollen skin, then aloe vera can be a quick relief for them. In fact, it is among the greatest home remedies for ringworm in children because it is super effective in dealing with swelling and itchiness. The same advantages of aloe vera are seen in many other home remedies, such as for scabies or fungi head.
The fresh gel can be applied directly over the skin areas affected by ringworm to help your children become relieved quickly.
Papaya is one of the most effective home remedies for ringworm in children. In addition to its amazing flavor, papaya can make great contributions to the efforts to fight against bacteria and fungi causing this problem under the children’s skin.
- Get a papaya mashed and applied over the skin affected by ringworm.
- After 30 minutes, you should take clean water to wash the skin.
You can do so on your children’s skin several times per day until the disappearance of red rashes is noticed.
Keywords Search from Google
- Home remedies for ringworm in children
- Home remedies for ringworm
- How to get rid of ringworm
- Treatment of ringworm