How to Get Rid of Dry Scalp Naturally
While hair care is getting more and more attention, few people are fully aware of the importance of scalp. When there are problems happening to scalp, your hair will suffer from bad effects as well. Thus, it is wiser to take care of scalp.
Dry scalp results from the shortage of moisture, especially when the weather turns cold and less humid. Besides, it can be triggered by the use of shampoos or hair products that contain chemical toxins. Dry scalp will lead to itchiness, which makes you scratch it all the time and makes a bad impression on other people. On the other hand, dry scalp may affect adversely your hair.
Thankfully, there are some natural home remedies that can help you get rid of dry scalp quickly and safely.
Below are top 7 simple tips on how to get rid of dry scalp naturally.
The first tip on how to get rid of dry scalp naturally is such a familiar ingredient in the kitchen – tomato. It is commonly used in the skin and hair care in order to provide more moisture to keep them healthy. You can repeat the same result when it comes to scalp.
- Squeeze some tomatoes to have the fresh tomato juice.
- The juice should be used to wash your scalp and hair.
- After about 15 minutes, wash it again with water.
This method should be applied on a daily basis. Furthermore, the nutrients in tomato can help you get a smooth and long hair.
2. Aloe Vera
If you are in need of a remedy that can be applied directly to get rid of dry scalp naturally, aloe vera will be one of the best choices. The fresh gel of aloe vera has been rubbed over human skin and hair for years to make them smooth and glow. It can help you escape from itchiness almost instantly and prevent the bacterial infections effectively.
Another ingredient to help you get rid of dry scalp naturally is lemon. Thanks to its antifungal and anti-swollen qualities, lemon can eradicate the dead cells over the scalp and stimulate the growth of new cells.
- Get the fresh lemon juice by crushing one lemon.
- Wash your hair first with water. Then, apply the fresh juice over the scalp.
- You can give your scalp some minutes of massage.
- Then, use water to wash it again.
Lemon is a great tool to whiten teeth as well.
4. Coconut Oil
Containing a lot of minerals and organic acids, coconut oil can supple a considerable amount of moisture to help you get rid of dry scalp naturally and quickly. It is one of the best natural home remedies recommended for you.
- Rub 3-5 spoons over your dry scalp.
- After several minutes, use water and shampoo to wash your scalp.
If you want to maximize the benefits, you can mix coconut oil with lemon juice before applying it on the scalp.
Coconut oil also appears in the list of Home Remedies for Dry Skin on Feet.
A good ingredient that you must be familiar with in cooking – onion – can become one of the best tips on how to get rid of dry scalp naturally. It is super effective in eliminating the bacteria and fungus that might lead to hair and scalp problems.
- First, crush an onion to get the juice.
- Mix three spoons of the juice and one spoon of raw honey.
- The mixture should be applied over your scalp directly.
- Half an hour later, use clean water to wash the hair.
Besides vegetables, you can make use of fruits to speed up the dry scalp treatment. Avocado is one of the best home remedies to help you get rid of dry scalp naturally. It is very popular to those who pay attention to skin and hair care.
- Get half an avocado mashed.
- Pour some drops of peppermint oil into avocado paste.
- The paste should be rubbed over the scalp and hair.
- After 15 minutes, use water to wash it.
To get the best result, this remedy should be followed several times per day.
Avocado can help when you are in need of Home Remedies for Dry Hair.
A common cause for dry scalp is dehydration which refers to lack of fluids in your body. Therefore, if you want to get rid of dry scalp naturally, you should start from increasing the amount of water intake on a daily basis. 8-10 cups of water is highly recommended for you to keep the scalp and even the whole body healthy and strong.
Keywords Search from Google
- How to get rid of dry scalp naturally
- How to get rid of dry scalp
- Home Remedies for dry scalp
- Dry scalp treatment