How To Get Rid Of Oral Thrush in Babies
Oral thrush refers to the infected inner parts of the mouth caused by a fungus whose scientific name is Candida Albicans. This problem is commonly seen in babies because their immune system is not strong enough to fight against the fungus or bacteria.
You can notice its symptoms by examining the inner side of your baby’s mouth. The most common one is the emergence of creamy-white wounds that might come along with pain and swelling.
As the immunity of babies is still weak, the use of drugs in the oral thrush treatment may worsen the situation and have side effects. Thus, what you are recommended to do is to resort to natural home remedies around you.
Here are top 7 tips on how to get rid of thrush in babies.
The first recommendation on how to get rid of thrush in babies is yogurt. The amount of lactobacilli in yogurt is necessary to limit the development of fungus in the mouth and help your baby deal with painful feeling quickly.
- Your fingers should be used to rub yogurt over the areas affected by oral thrush in your baby’s mouth.
- After 5-10 minutes, use warm water to wash these areas.
This method should be repeated twice per day for several days.
The simplest and safest tip on how to get rid of thrush in babies is salt which appears in almost all home remedies to treat oral problems. It is super effective in killing the fungus and preventing it from growing in the baby’s mouth.
- Take one spoon of salt into a glass of warm water.
- After all salt is dissolved, let your baby use the mixture to gargle several times per day to get the best result.
The efficiency of using cinnamon in the attempts to get rid of thrush in babies was confirmed by the Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Thanks to anti-parasitic and antifungal qualities, cinnamon can eradicate the fungus causing this problem.
- Take half a spoon of powdered cinnamon into water and boil them in 5 minutes.
- Then, the mixture should be filtered and consumed by your baby several times per day.
4. Coconut Oil
Another great tip on how to get rid of oral thrush in babies is coconut oil. It is available in most parts of the world and very good to help babies stay away from annoying symptoms of oral thrush. The use of coconut oil in the oral thrush treatment was recommended by the Journal of Medicinal Food in 2007 as well.
- With the help of a cotton cloth, you should rub coconut oil over the areas affected by oral thrush. It is effective in helping you get rid of dry skin as well.
- This should be applied several times per day to get the best result.
5. Baking Soda
If you want an inexpensive, but still effective home remedy to get rid of oral thrush in babies, baking soda will be one of the greatest choices. It can speed up the process of eradicating the fungus Candida.
- 1-2 spoons of baking soda should be mixed with water so that you have a paste.
- A cotton ball should be dipped in the paste and applied over the areas affected by oral thrush.
- Several minutes later, use warm water to wash these areas.
6. Olive Leaf
Last but not least, olive leaf is something you should consider in the efforts to get rid of oral thrush in babies. It is also very strongly antifungal and great for the immune system.
- Get some olive leaves mixed with hot water and steep them in approximately 15 minutes.
- Use the tea to rinse the mouth of your baby regularly per day.
Because of the strong antifungal quality, garlic can be considered as one of the best tips on how to get rid of oral thrush in babies. The Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy Journal also agreed with this argument. In addition, garlic can boost the immunity of a baby in general, which provides him or her a better chance to fight against the fungus.
You should try to include more garlic in daily foods for your babies to get the best result in the oral thrush treatment.
Besides, garlic is appreciated among Home Remedies for Ringworm in Children.
8. Limit pacifier usage
Most parents can be familiar with pacifiers. Pacifiers are known as one of the best ways to soothe babies but frequent use of pacifiers can result in irritation to the baby’s mouth and make him more prone to yeast infection.
In case the child has thrush, just give him a pacifier when there is nothing that can calm him down.
- Consuming yogurt or other foods having probiotics
- Limiting the intake of sweets and sugar
- Sterilizing breast pumps as soon as you use them
- Keeping your nipples clean and dry all the time
Keywords Search from Goole
- How to get rid of thrush in babies
- How to get rid of oral thrush
- How to get rid of oral thrush in babies
- Home remedies for oral thrush
- Oral thrush treatment